ACTIVITIES OF WAREHOUSE
28. Preparation of Warehouse manual defining the policies, procedures & systems
29. MIS Stock & MIS as required by the company.
30. Warehouse office administration.
27. Security / Safety system :
1. Requirement determination - scheduling / planning.
3. Receiving the materials from process / sources.
4. General visual inspection - Actions on abnormal.
5. Quality inspection with P.O. / vendor’s Invoice / D.O.
6. Co-ordination for Quality inspection, if any.
7. Appropriate actions on shortage / excess, rejections, scrap. Palletisation
8. Completing the Documentation.
9. Making the necessary book [computerized] entry.
10. Endorsing the supply receipts.
11. Movement [internal] of the product to be assigned, place for storage and palletasiation.
12. On the basis of orders. List the products - Remove from pick-up position.
13. Verifying the picked orders.
14. Moving the products for packing / labeling - sealing, various protection, weighing.
15. Moving the packed products to shipping area (Staging).
16. Shipping activity - Loading.
17. Stock reduction - Generation of D.O. / Invoice - manifesting.
18. Local transportation to designated transporter.
19. Handing over - booking the materials with the respective transporter.
20. Collecting the respective Waybill & and check for correctness, transport cost, lead-time.
21. Communications to all the concerned about the transportation.
22. Follow up with the transporter in case of non-receipt delay.
23. Follow up with transporter in case of damage / shortage of ODC.
24. Follow up with the concerned for claiming from Insurance Company.
25. Follow up with Insurance Claim on transit.
26. General / Administration Activities.
2. Chasing the suppliers through appropriate authority - following with vendors for the timely procurement and reduce unnecessary stock.
||Prevention of pilferage by employees, vendors / carrier’s representatives.
||Training on safety / security aspects.
||Preservation methods against damps, rains, dryness, heat, cold, humidity, dust, dirt, insects and fungus.